Monday, June 20, 2011

Braised Pork Chops

Tonight I tried a new recipe. Braised Pork Chops. I love pork and I try to find different ways to cook it, because we do eat it quite often.

Tonight I found this recipe in a Rachael Ray magazine. It was on a advertisement page for cooking with pork, so I'm not sure if it is a Rachel recipe or not.

The recipe turned out fantastic. I pared it with home-made potato salad and some steamed asparagus (for me). I very easily could have eaten more, but knew I would be uncomfortably full if I did, so I limited myself to one helping. Needless to say this will become one of our regular rotation recipes from now on.

Here's the recipe:

4 Boneless pork loin chops
1 Tbs. tomato paste
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 sweet red pepper sliced
1/2 yellow pepper sliced
1 small red (or yellow...I used red) onion sliced
1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken stock (In my opinion, the wine is what made this dish!)
2 Tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper

Start by heating the oil in a medium skillet at medium heat. Season the chops with salt and pepper. Place in skillet and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Next add the tomato paste to the skillet and let it cook while you are stirring it around for a minute or so. Add peppers and onions and cook for about 2-3 minutes more. Add garlic and cook for another minute.

Add wine and scrape off any of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring liquid mixture to a boil and add back in the chops. Nestle the pork into the liquid, reduce heat to simmer, cover and let cook for about 4 minutes. Turn chops and cook for one more minute.

This was a wonderfully savory summer meal and I will definitely make this again!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment