Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ugh!

Ugh...the sound I am always making at this time of year. I have over eaten, over indulged, and over stuffed myself to the point that I can only say "ugh..." That sound is again repeated when I step on the scale in the morning..."Ugh!" I have never been a believer in dieting, but changing your lifestyle. I love food. I have no desire to give up my after-dinner dessert or the occasional run to Dairy Queen. But I do believe in my pants fitting and that number on the scale remaining where I like it. So, in order to keep my jeans in my closet (and not the Goodwill pile) and enjoy life to it's fullest I will...

~ Walk as often as possible. Around my classroom at school, while I'm cleaning the house, on a nice evening when I get home. As much walking as I can squeeze out of the day will help burn as many calories as possible.

~ Measure everything! Again, I don't believe in dieting...but I do believe in moderation. If I want ice cream after dinner, that's fine. As long as I measure out the 1/2 cup and eat it slowly to savor the taste.

~ Make simple substitutions. Low-fat yogurt and cottage cheese, light salad dressing, and canola or olive oil rather than vegetable oil. Bake French fries and use non-stick cooking spray. Simple changes that don't alter the flavor.

~ Try to make it to my local Y at least 2-3 times a week. (I coach and teach so my days fill up pretty fast through the week during this time of year).

~ Eat salads and veggies! I do like the healthy stuff...

~ Wear my jeans instead of loose fitting sweat pants that can stretch!

~ Order small or kid sized French fries if I just "have to have them," get a grilled chicken sandwich rather than the crispy, and drink water instead of pop. Small changes!

Living life to it's fullest is one of the big goals I strive to achieve each day, and I simply cannot do that without carbs, cheese, or chocolate. I'm always trying to find that balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment