Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Go-To Favorites!

I love to try new foods. One of my favorite things to do is go to a restaurant with a brand new type of cuisine that I've never had and "give it a whirl." As much fun as that is, I always seem to find myself craving those "go-to meals" that I love no matter how often I have it, or how long it's been since I made it.

These are some of my favorite "Go-to's"

Breakfast:
~ Peanut Butter Toast. Creamy, crunchy, and stays with me throughout the day. YUMMY!
~ Cheerios. Cool, refreshing, crunchy, and no extra sugar needed :)
~ Bagel and Cream Cheese. There's just something about the combination of cheese with the toasted bagel that I can't get enough of.

Lunch:
~ Albacore Tuna with Triscuts and a side of string cheese. Sounds yucky if you are not a tuna fan, but such a healthy meal that is very quick and easy. Although, I don't ever take this with me to lunch at school...I am mindful of the smell tuna leaves lingering around.
~ Old fashioned PB and J. Nothing brings me back to being a kid than grape jelly oozing out from the back end of a perfectly filled sandwich.
~ Hot dogs and mac and cheese. Another meal that brings me back to snow days home from school when I was a kid. Warm and satisfying!

Dinner:
~ Anything with mashed potatoes and gravy. As a kid I could not get enough of those...as an adult I am much more mindful of how many "taters" I pile on to my plate...even though I would LOVE to be able build a mountain!
~ Spaghetti. A definite go to meal. Easy to make and even tastes great as leftovers.
~ Pizza. I don't think we ever go a month without having some kind of pizza :)

Mmmm...I think I'll finish this off with a warm slice of peanut butter toast and a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment